Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2021 18:28:10 +0700
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wcwidth() and wcswidth() and Latin vs. CJK character width

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 09:31:17PM +0700, Alexey Dokuchaev wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been wondering if there's anything like Markus Kuhn's implementation*
> in our base libraries for $subj (my quick naive search didn't turn up any
> results).  If yes, could someone point me at it?  If no, how feasible would
> it be to add Markus' code to our libc or perhaps some ancillary library?

So I guess lack of replies mean "please go ahead". :-)

Before I open a DR for adding wcwidth.c to libutil, how do we handle single
3rd-party files, last modified in 2007? :)  Just add them as is, apply any
necessary changes, and commit (together with the manpage), or they must go
through the vendor area like other contributed software?

./danfe