Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:09:57 +1100 (EST)
From:      Richard Lyon <rlyon@rlyon.mynet.au>
To:        Ron Steele <ron@infi.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is my popclient mail

On Sun, 10 Mar 1996, Ron Steele wrote:

> I have been trying to use popclient but it seems to be loosing my
> mail.  It appears to be downloading everything ok but I can't find
> where it is putting the result.  I have looked in all the obvious
> places: /var/mail/.. and in the mail directory in $HOME.  Is it
> really losoing mail or have I lost it?

popclient stores the mail in a file you specified in .poprc

Each user must have their own .poprc in their home directory.
Also ensure the file can only accessed by the user ...

ie chmod 0600 .poprc

I just did this 5 minutes ago. popclient 3.0b6 seems to work well. This is
my first outbound mail using pine.

Regards ...