Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:00:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@gun.de>
To:        peters@staidan.qld.edu.au (Peter Stubbs)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: harvest cached package problem

> Hi,
>
> Sorry to be a trouble. I've just fetched the cached-1.4.2 package
> from ftp.freebsd.org, but I can't get it to compile on my 2.1R
> system.  The error I get when I type make is "Checksum mismatch for
> cached-1.4.p12-src.tar.gz"
             ^^^
p12 ? Wasn't it pl2 ?

> Do you have any suggestions that might help?

Possibly your tgz source archive is not ok, the checksum doesn't
match ... try extracting the compressed tar archive ... if it
can be extracted ... hmmm then simply delete the files/md5
file as a workaround, this skips md5 checksum checking...

Proceed with fingers crossed (;-) because you possibly might
have "ill" sources... Or ask Satoshi, if he generated a wrong
md5 file when committing the port ...

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@knobel.gun.de         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH