Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:17:48 -0400
From:      Ugen Antsilevitch <ugen@xonix.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI modems do not work???

Hey!

 Thanx a lot first of all!

Anytime i CAN write something myself - i do. I  can go as low as networking code
or pseudodevice driver. But i am at loss when it comes to hardware (and within
my scope of work etc. i doubt i will ever learn this stuff). Thats why i pleaded for help.

 I volonteer to be your first alpha-tester. I have this modem blaster thing. It is PCI and
it has a UART. I was going to sell it and shell out lots of money for USRobotics
56K ISA real modem. BTW they call it "legacy" modem - i think the general direction
is such that PCI will be the only kind available very soon...
 Well..actually i listed my modem on ebay to get rid of it , but if your code comes
first - i will try to keep it.

--Ugen