Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 12:35:54 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        Sune Stjerneby <sst@hermes.vmunix.dk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "No buffer space available" - NBUF?

At 09.21 06/05/99 +0200, you wrote:
>the BSD USENET archives of this problem - Am I right in assuming the value
>of NBUF needs to be increased or is this handled trough maxusers only?
>(which I've tried adjusting from 32 to 128 to 256 and back, same result)

  I'm not sure, but I think you're running out of MBUFs. Check the
situation with "netstat -m", and if you need to increase them, put "options
NMBCLUSTERS=nnn" in your kernel configuration file, then rebuild the
kernel. A good large value could be 4096: "options NMBCLUSTERS=4096".
  Hope this helps.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it