Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:11:46 -0400
From:      Evan Tsoukalas <evan@sourcee.com>
To:        melvin@mailmall.net, mwm@mired.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec Quartet NIC

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 03:30:55PM -0500, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Melvin Brown writes:
> > This is a 4-port ethernet card.  When I configure the IP Address
> > information, the last thing that I am asked is "would I like to bring up
> > this Interface?". I answer "yes."  So, do I still need to execute the
> > ifconfig command?  Thanks for responding.

How did you install FreeBSD?  From the CD-ROM or from the
network?  Are you using all four ports or just one?

Can you do the following:

1) Attach the output of dmesg(8) and ifconfig(8) to your next
   email.
2) Attach a copy of your /etc/rc.conf file as well.

--
Regards,

Evan Tsoukalas
Systems Administrator