Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2007 21:09:53 +0200
From:      Ed Schouten <ed@fxq.nl>
To:        Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New GEOM module: geom_xboxhd

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

* Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you confirm that the slices are created if you first plug in the
> xbox harddisk and kldload the module afterwards?  I once wrote a GEOM
> module to slice xbox360 media (kern/107707), which only works if you
> first kldload it and _then_ plug in the media.  This is caused by
> pp->mediasize =3D=3D 0 in the taste function.

Yes, it works. The only problem is that kldloading without disconnecting
the md deadlocks my machine because I guess it is indefinately waiting
for all dependencies to disappear.

> Note that you'll need a physical harddisk for the test because the
> behaviour is always correct when using md images.  I suspect that the
> bug is near /sys/cam/scsi/scsi_da.c

It works in both cases. I performed tests on a 10 GB disk afterwards.
Thanks for the tips :-)

--=20
 Ed Schouten <ed@fxq.nl>
 WWW: http://g-rave.nl/