Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2012 12:19:55 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-hackers@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iso2flash img

On 03/21/12 22:55, Vitaly Magerya wrote:
> Da Rock wrote:
>> I googled a bit and found an old post here from Luigi
>> (http://osdir.com/ml/freebsd-hackers/2008-11/msg00245.html) which had a
>> script to do this, but I'm having trouble with it- is anyone familiar
>> with this? I'm on a bit of a deadline...
> Can't help you with that script (I failed to make it work too), but you
> might want to try to dd the iso image directly onto USB instead; there
> where talks that Ubuntu would support this starting at 11.10.
Nada. Tried that and it didn't work. I'm not sure how that would work
given that it uses isolinux to boot- ergo needs a cd to load the kernel.
Maybe some way to determine the install media?

Bit of an unnecessary complication though if you ask me... just make an
iso _and_ an img. I'm sure canonical are not that strapped for resources...