Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:41:08 -0400
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Request for review: Restructuring of sparc installation guide

Apparently, On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 06:56:28AM +0200,
	Udo Erdelhoff said words to the effect of;

> Hi,
> for some time, I've been thinking dark thoughts about modifying the
> structure of the sparc64 installation instructions.  This is not
> some kind of legal text and it should be possible to structure it
> in a way that removes the 4th level headings.
>
> Additionally, just about style rule my teacher drummed into me
> complains about the fact that chapter 1.3 does not have any text
> except the other chapters.
>
> And most of the steps in 'network installation' do not describe the
> installation over the network, but the preparations neccessary for
> it.
>
> I've attached a patch that solves most of these problems.  It splits
> the installations preparations into seperate chapters and moves
> things around a bit.  I did not adjust the indentation of the moved
> chapters in order to minimize the diff and to make life easier for
> the translators.  The neccessary cleanup would follow in a second
> patch.
>
> I was tempted to move almost all 1.3.* chapters (the various steps
> needed to set up a network installaiton) into one gigantic <procedure>.
> The only thing that stopped me was the length of the output (about
> 150 lines in lynx).
>
> Comments?

Cool, this looks fine to me.  Re your XXX comments the files are in the
same directory as the loader, pub/FreeBSD/development/sparc64.
The kernel is called kernel-nfsroot.bz2 for netbooting.  The iso
is named by date and gets updated from time to time, so just pointing
to the directory is probably ok; maybe add a note to get the latest one.

Jake