Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:08:40 +0200
From:      Alain Wolf <wolf@k18.ch>
To:        Albert.Shih@obspm.fr
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -u option for jail

Albert Shih wrote, On 06/04/2007 02:51 PM:
> Hi all
>
> Maybe my question is stupid, but is there any possibility to use
>
> 	-u user (user != root)
>
> in the /etc/rc.conf for launch a jail with a specific user ? For example,
> can we have for any jail a different user ?
>
> Regards.

Hi Al
Maybe my answer is stupid, but since the idea of a jail should mostly
look like an independent system, there is a root user and any user you
wish *inside* the jail.

If you would like to have users on the hosting system with the ability
to start and stop their own jails from outisde their jails, I would look
into something like sudo or a web-cgi with a strong authentication and
authorization (maybe webmin does that?).

Regards
Alain