Date:      Thu, 14 Apr 2022 19:31:00 -0400
From:      "David Schlachter" <fbsd-acpi@schlachter.ca>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to debug acpi resume? ThinkPad T480 less stable on 13 than 12

--8784bdace6054cf082c0afbc7cfc8cf8

Hi all,

Since updating from FreeBSD 12.1 to 13 last year, resume from acpi suspend (s3) fails maybe 50% of the time. When this happens, the system does not resume when the lid is opened or the power button is pressed, but the screen stays black and the sleep indicator (pulsing power button and lid light) continues as if the system is still in suspend.

I'm looking for ideas about how to debug this to figure out what's going on, since I'm not sure how to get debugging information from the system in this state. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David