Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2016 09:35:18 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of Cavium ThunderX/ThunderX2

On 06/02/2016 06:02 AM, Kevin Day wrote:
> Hey, everyone!
>
> I’ve done some searching and can’t seem to find anything recent. What’s the current status of the Cavium ThunderX? Is it reasonably stable in -CURRENT? Does the dual socket version work yet?
>
> I also saw a few days ago they announced the ThunderX2 parts, with a quote from the FreeBSD Foundation expressing support for it.

I've been meaning to run some tests on a single socket thunderX next
week once I wrap up some linux testing I am doing.

i would like to see the dual-socket thunderX supported as well, although
until FreeBSD has more robust NUMA support I would expect it to be
sub-optimal when compared to linux performance wise.  iirc there is a
bunch of NUMA work going into 11 so hopefully that day isn't too far off.

cheers,
-pete

--
Pete Wright