Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:50:33 -0400
From:      "David Magda" <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        "Eitan Adler" <lists@eitanadler.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The MFC process...

On Tue, July 17, 2012 02:10, Eitan Adler wrote:
> Of interest to me: if it could be limited to just the commits I made
> and optionally show me the log message and diff it would be very
> helpful.
>
> On a general note: be careful with any level of automation with this
> script though. Sometimes there are good reasons that a commit wasn't
> MFCed.

A lot of messages have a "MFC after" note on them, so the the developer/s
in question already know which commits are good candidates for bringing
over to STABLE. It may simply be that they could use a reminder on them.

If there are commits that would be nice to backport, but don't have an
"MFC" note on them, then an email and/or PR would probably be the best way
to enquire about their candidacy.

I think having a script automatically pulling changes from HEAD, to
STABLE, is a bad idea. A human should be the one doing it and examining
the results, even if they get an automated reminder.