Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2020 00:35:15 +0400
From:      Gleb Popov <arrowd@freebsd.org>
To:        Ravi Pokala <rpokala@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: interactive bsdinstall -> scripted bsdinstall

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 12:27 AM Ravi Pokala <rpokala@freebsd.org> wrote:

> [...]

I wrote the installer config from scratch and here is what I ended up with:

DISTRIBUTIONS="base.txz kernel.txz lib32.txz vpn.txz"
PARTITIONS="ada0 gpt { 512K freebsd-boot , 2G freebsd-ufs / , 4G
freebsd-swap , 8G freebsd-ufs /var , 4G freebsd-ufs /tmp , auto freebsd-ufs
/usr }"

#!/bin/sh

gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptboot -i 1 ada0

echo 'xxxxxx' | pw usermod -n root -h 0

echo "PermitRootLogin yes" > /etc/ssh/sshd_config
echo "PasswordAuthentication yes" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
echo "ChallengeResponseAuthentication no" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
echo "PubkeyAuthentication no" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
echo "Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/sftp-server" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config

mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/
echo 'FreeBSD: { url: "pkg+http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/${ABI}/latest" }' >
/usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/FreeBSD.conf

sysrc ifconfig_DEFAULT=SYNCDHCP
service netif start

sysrc sshd_enable=YES
service sshd start

env PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin pkg install -y openvpn python python3

sysrc openvpn_enable=YES
sysrc openvpn_dir=/root/vpn/
sysrc openvpn_configfile=/root/vpn/client.ovpn

bsdconfig hostname

echo -n "ifconfig " >> /root/vpn/client.ovpn
dialog --title "VPN IP" --clear --inputbox "Enter VPN IP address" 10 30 2>>
/root/vpn/client.ovpn
echo " 255.0.0.0" >> /root/vpn/client.ovpn