Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 06:40:48 -0500
From:      Malcolm G Boff <Malcolm_Boff@compuserve.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make and SCCS

The 'make' program does not appear to support the suffix rules for SCCS
for example :-

.c~:   $(GET) $(GFLAGS) -p $< > $*.c
          $(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) $*.c -o $*
          -rm -f $*.c

(I tried adding these to /usr/share/sys.mk without success). Can anyone
give
a clue as to how this might be acheived (re:O'Reilly & Associates, Managing
Projects with Make).

Before I get a flood of answers saying that SCCS is copyright and not
supplied
there is a GNU supported version. Also I know that there are other
configuration
management tools available, however my customer uses SCCS.

All help appreciated.

Please respond to my eMail address as I am no longer on the forum.

Malcolm G. Boff
Sylmex Ltd.