Date:      Mon, 04 Nov 2002 00:29:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk
Cc:        jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za, current@FreeBSD.ORG, n_hibma@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: umass CF geometry problems, was Re: fdisk -BI ob clean disk broken

In message: <84292.1036393958@critter.freebsd.dk>
            Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk> writes:
: We should obviously fix it.  I have no idea what is possible in USB
: devices in this respect.

Nor do I.  Maybe there's some SCSI command that we can send that is
well defined enough to work often enough.

However, I'm not clueful enough about SCSI to know if this can be done
(likely reading some mode page will do it in real SCSI), nor about
USB's mass storage devices, nor about all the wonderful and weird
variations that one might find in the wild...

Warner