Date:      Sun, 03 Jun 2012 19:18:26 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: optionsng ignores /var/db/ports/<portname>/options

--------------enig853E401F6490B6AFDEF08A30

On 03/06/2012 17:05, Roland Smith wrote:
> I've used 'make config' to set the PYCAIO option to on;
>=20
> slackbox# cat /var/db/ports/py27-py-stl/options
> # This file is auto-generated by 'make config'.
> # Options for py27-py-stl-3.1
> _OPTIONS_READ=3Dpy27-py-stl-3.1
> _FILE_COMPLETE_OPTIONS_LIST=3DPYCAIRO
> OPTIONS_FILE_SET+=3DPYCAIRO
>=20
> But the port seems to ignore it:
>=20
> slackbox# make showconfig
> =3D=3D=3D> The following configuration options are available for py27-p=
y-stl-3.1:
>      PYCAIRO=3Doff: Use (py)Cairo to enable stl2pdf
> =3D=3D=3D> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>=20
> Every time I do 'make config', the PYCAIRO option will be unset, even i=
f it
> shows as set in /var/db/ports/<portname>/options!

What does

 % make -V PORT_OPTIONS

show?  If PYCAIRO is set in PORT_OPTIONS, then the port is accepting
your setting of the option, and you've found a bug with the showconfig
target.  (If so, please open a PR.)

If not, then something odd is happening, as your port looks perfectly OK
to me.   Are you using a ports tree updated within about the last 48
hours or so?  I know there were some bug fixes went in to all FOO_DESC
lines to contain (brackets) and other syntactically significant character=
s.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

PS. Asking this on freebsd-ports@... might be a good idea.