Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:30:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FTP_PASSIVE_MODE and libftpio

In reference to a problem someone reported on the freebsd-mobile mailing
list, I took a look at the handling of the FTP_PASSIVE_MODE environment
variable in libftpio.  What I found was that it would use passive ftp
based on if the environment variable was set or not and didn't acutally
check it's value.  I wrote a patch for it that makes it also consider the
value of the variable.  This will save some confusion for people that
follow the login that since FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES seems to make ftp use
passive mode that FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=NO should make it not use passive
mode.  This isn't the case with the current handling of it.

Please take a look at the PR I put together bin/18103 and let me know if
this is a good (enough) fix for the problem.

The patch can aslo be found at:
http://quake.nyct.net/~efutch/FreeBSD/ftpio.c.patch

Sorry for the cross post.  I'm not exactly sure what's the best mailing
list for this.

Thanks to Ross A Lippert <ripper@plato.nmia.com> for pointing this out.

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff