Date:      Sat, 01 Apr 2000 16:00:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Kenneth P. Stox" <stox@enteract.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, Justin Wiley <juwiley@yahoo.com>
Subject:   RE: artwork

On 21-Mar-00 John Baldwin wrote:
> http://www.de.freebsd.org/de/gif/bsd/index.html.  Or you can make it
> into a splash screen, which I can add to the gallery of those at
> http://www.cslab.vt.edu/~jobaldwi/splash/

Something I whipped together as the splash screen on my Sony VAIO laptop. A
1024x768 BMP. The original image came from the NASA photo archives. It is a
F-18 Hornet breaking the sound barrier. The shock waves are clearly visible.
I added a little text and resized with GIMP, voila!

-
Kenneth P. Stox stox@imagescape.com
@15:55:50 on 01-Apr-00
You know you've been spending too much time on the computer when your
friend misdates a check, and you suggest adding a "++" to fix it.