Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:38:58 -0500
From:      "Adam Woodbeck (KEYKERTUSA)" <Adam_Woodbeck@keykertusa.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help using an Adaptec 29160 SCSI adapter with FreeBSD

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm having a problem getting my Adaptec =
29160
U160 SCSI adapter working with FreeBSD 3.4.  Does FreeBSD 3.4 have supp=
ort for
this controller?

In my kernel I've compiled the following infomation in regards to the S=
CSI hard
drive and controller:

    controller      ahc0    # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
    controller      scbus0  # SCSI bus (required)
    device          da0 # Direct Access (disks)

I didn't see anything in LINT that pertained specifically to the Adapte=
c 29160
controller so I tried the closest thing I could find, the ahc0 controll=
er.  The
dmesg output does not mention a thing about the SCSI controller or the =
hard
drive.  The SCSI ID of the controller is 7 and the SCSI ID of the hard =
drive is
1.  I'm familiar with the way SCSI works but I'm not well versed.  The
controller and the hard drive are brand new, out of the box.  All I've =
done so
far is set the SCSI ID on the hard drive.  The hard drive reads not to =
terminate
it unless using 68 SE.  Thanks for the help.

Adam
=