Date:      Wed, 18 Nov 1998 17:19:04 +0000
From:      Dovydas Kulvinskas <dovydas@kada.lt>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't start PPP

  Hello

 Could someone provide me help how to configure out PPP connection. I
want to connect to WinNT server with my modem (Practical Peripherals
PC288MT V.34) I tried to configure it with handbook after it with
tutorial...
  my ppp.conf file :

default:
        set device /dev/cuaa1
        set speed 19200
        disable pred1
        deny pred1
        disable lqr
        deny lqr
        set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 6 \"\" ATE1Q0M0
OK-AT-OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
        set redial 3 10
   interactive:
        set authname dovydas
        set authkey  secretword
        set phone 19 12 56
        set timeout 12
        set openmode active
        accept chap
        set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
        delete ALL
        add 0 0 HISADDR
        enable dns

  My ppp.linkup :

MYADDR:
        delete ALL
        add 0 0 HISADDR

  and finally after comand "ppp -auto provider" such a messages appears:
Working in auto mode
Warning: No default entry is given in config file.
Using interface: tun0
Warning: Destination system (null) not found in conf file.

Thankz Dovydas

--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.