Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:28:24 +0800
From:      Mahendra <mahen@sapura.com.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Some help needed to setup FreeBSD mail system in a sub domain

i am extremely new to FreeBSD or any Unix system and do not have any
experience using and configuring it.

i have successfully setup the FreeBSD server, we have a sub domain ip
and name ready.

now here are my question hope someone can help me :

1 - since i am setting up a mail server in a sub domain do i need to use
the DNS service on the server.

2 - what are the nescessary configuration for the smtp to send mail to
the main server to be sent out to the outside world.

3 - i got imap-uw and would like to install it how do i compile it and
configure it. how do you add and modify user setting in this software.

4 - can i do any of this via X Windows. i am having some problems, how
do i install X Windows and execute it.