Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2016 16:15:11 -0300
From:      "Nilton Jose Rizzo" <rizzo@i805.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd@fug.com.br
Subject:   geda ports 1.8 and guile version conflict

  Hi all, I need to use a gEDA ports to create schemas and
PCBs, but from the lastest upgrade on my FreeBSD 12-current, it's not
more possible because the guile lib have a version conflict.

   Some ports work with guile2 and gEDA needs a 1.8 version
both use the same locations /usr/local/bin.

   Have some other problems that I would like to share with you
but I need to create a paper, because I have a long list with
this problems.

    It's to hard to create a path with version to binaries
and/or library, like this:

/usr/local/bin/guile/guile
/usr/local/bin/guile2/guile

and create a link to the /usr/local/bin like this:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/guile/guile /usr/local/bin/guile18
ln -s /usr/local/bin/quile2/guile /use/local/bin/guile2

it's just done to clang and llvm, and i  not understand
why I need to compile a ports int  FreeBSD 12-current with
a clang and llvm 3.6 or 3.7, if I just have a 3.8 version

 Thanx!

---
**Nilton José Rizzo            UFRRJ
**http://www.rizzo.eng.br      http://www.ufrrj.br