Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2006 08:54:51 -0700
From:      "Jack Vogel" <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        "Martin Nilsson" <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New em PCI-id

On 7/4/06, Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com> wrote:
> I got the new version of intels quad port PCI-X Gbit adapter.
> It is not detected by 6-STABLE:
>
> FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #0: Fri Jun 30 18:45:32 CEST 2006
>
> pcib3: <PCI-PCI bridge> at device 1.0 on pci2
> pci3: <PCI bus> on pcib3
> pci3: <network, ethernet> at device 4.0 (no driver attached)
> pci3: <network, ethernet> at device 4.1 (no driver attached)
> pci3: <network, ethernet> at device 6.0 (no driver attached)
> pci3: <network, ethernet> at device 6.1 (no driver attached)
>
> Intel(r) PRO/1000 GT Quad Port Server Adapter
> http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000gt_quadport_server_adapter.htm
> The chip is called NH82546GB (This is the new RoHS compatible model)
>
> pciconf -lv give four of these:
>
> none2@pci3:4:0: class=0x020000 card=0x11998086 chip=0x10b58086 rev=0x03
> hdr=0x00
>      vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
>      class    = network
>      subclass = ethernet
>
> Can someone familiar with the em driver please add the new id.

Yes, there are a number of newer cards not yet in Stable.
Once I have the ability to commit changes this should be
remedied, but meanwhile you can use MY driver which is
on the Intel website.  Go to downloads area, network connectivity,
then select server adapters, at that point almost any adapter
will do, you will then get an OS select menu, find FreeBSD,
and then you will see version 6.0.5, download that.

That driver will work with either 6.0 or 6.1, and it supports
all our PCI Express adapters including the new ones .

I hope to integrate the changes in our driver into STABLE
before 6.2.

Jack