Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:05:18 -0500
From:      John LeMay <jlemay@njmc.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installation question.

> No, serial console is mandatory. NetBSD or Debian installs fine on
> the local console but not (yet?) FreeBSD.

I must have replied directly the first time. Actually, I've done a 5.2
install "blind" on my Ultra 5 via the local console. It wasn't easy, but
I got through it. I didn't exactly have a lot of experience with FreeBSD
either - this was my first FreeBSD SPARC install and only my second
FreeBSD install ever.

--
John LeMay
kc2kth