Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:22:17 +0200
From:      "Dmitry Solodov" <dima@devitor.riga.lv>
To:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   modem under FreeBSD

Hello,

there is a small problem with asynchronous port setup.

Our FreeBSD 2.1.2 was reinstalled from 486DX/33 to Pentium class
machine.

There is 28.8K modem attached to the box, however I can not make more
then 960bypes/sec out of it using UUCP (and that's the only usage of
the modem). UUCP setup came from the previous box, where we had up to
3K/sec transfer rates and 'port' speed range for uucp is
14400..57600. So I tried to remember, what was done to the system to
achive high speed, but failed. So I tried
	stty -f /dev/modem crtscts
and that did seem to make difference.

Then I tried
	stty -f /dev/modem speed 57600
but that fails for speeds above 9600.

/dev/modem is link to /dev/cuaa1

What should be done to the device to get normal speed out of it?

Please reply to e-mail address. Thanks!

Thank you in advance. Dima.

---
Dmitry Solodov            | GSM: +371 9 214080
Devitor Ltd.              | fax. +371-2571837
Advancing competitiveness | E-mail: dima@devitor.riga.lv
SMS: 3719214080@smsmail.lmt.lv