Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 14:13:23 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, Satoshi Asami <asami@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/2936: The teTeX port runs strup on /usr/local/bin

At 03:15 AM 3/11/97 -0800, Satoshi Asami wrote:
>Synopsis: The teTeX port runs strup on /usr/local/bin
>
>State-Changed-From-To: closed-open
>State-Changed-By: asami
>State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 11 03:12:50 PST 1997
>State-Changed-Why:
>D'oh!  This is what I get for committing a change without
>testing the patch. :(
>
>This patch completely breaks the installation.  Please fix and
>re-submit.  Don't be fooled by "make install" making it to the end,
>there are errors in the middle that will kill "make package".  (Actually
>that's another bug in teTeX, that an error in the middle doesn't kill
>the make process.)

At least on my machine, the same problems were present prior and after
applying my patch.
I just re-tested it - using the original port, and

% make
% su
# make install
# exit
% make package

I get errors for missing inimf, virmf, install-info, xdvi.bin, texinfo-12,
web2c/mf.log, and web2c/mf.base.

Replacing the old patch-aa with my new version (the one in /tmp/mktemp :)
and doing
% su
# pkg_delete teTeX-0.4
# make clean
# exit
% make
% su
# make install
# exit
% make package

give me errors in the exact same files.

Most of this seems due to -lXt missing during compile, which I assumed was
a -stable problem. For some reason, this port does not accept
LD_LIBRARY_PATH - but I assumed it worked under -current.

All files but the ones listed above seems to be installed fine, with or
without the patch.

Did it package OK when you reverted?
If it did, I have no clue what can be wrong - and there is no way for me to
test it until I get my -current box up.

Eivind Eklund perhaps@yes.no http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/ eivind@freebsd.org