Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 2009 16:54:50 +0530
From:      "Cherukuri, Balaji" <Balaji.Cherukuri@netapp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Ramani, Balaji" <Balaji.Ramani@netapp.com>
Subject:   regardinf Virtual File system VOP_RENAME_APV function.

Hi FreeBSD Team,

=20

I am implementing a stackable file system similar to NULLFS and I have =
question on VOP_RENAME_APV function.

=20

In VOP_RENAME_APV function:

=20

VOP_RENAME_APV(struct vop_vector *vop, struct vop_rename_args *a)

{

        int rc;

=20

        if (vop->vop_rename !=3D NULL)

                rc =3D vop->vop_rename(a);

        else

                rc =3D vop->vop_bypass(&a->a_gen);

        vop_rename_post(a, rc);

        return (rc);

}

=20

I want to know that what is the importance of vop_rename_post function. =
Actually I returned "EXDEV" from my file system, but still =
vop_rename_post  function is doing rename operation.

=20

I want to know whether it is having default implementation of rename =
functionality, can I use this function for rename operation directly =
because I do not have anything new to do in rename functionality.

=20

Please let me know, Is there any document which will talk how to write =
filesystem in FreeBSD environment?=20

=20

Thanks in advance,

BalajiC