Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:34:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   SURVEY: Package selection for -RELEASE cdrom

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find what could be added to the print-cdrom-packages.sh
script to get a binary distribution as complete as possible, that is,
as much popular/useful applications and common build dependencies that
will fit on the CD. I also found some larger, independent applications
that I would like to "lock" on the second/third/whatever CD.

If you have any suggestion about any "most wanted" applications, I'd
like to hear from you. Suggestion from people using language specific
ports is very welcome, as I don't have a clue about what you people
use mostly.

When I'll have collected some applications I'll post a patch for
review to -ports@ and the fun will begin :)

I also have a Netscape related question: there is no Netscape 4.77 for
FreeBSD, and 4.76 is marked as broken. Are there any plans to
"officially" replace Netscape with Mozilla? Or include linux-netscape?

Thanks!

--
jimmy