Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 14:01:28 -0400
From:      Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   AHA-2930?

While not driver related, I figured that this list would be able to help
me.

I was recently given a pair of PCI SCSI controllers sold by NEC that are
quite clearly labeled as "Adaptec AHA-2930".  They appear to use an
Adaptec 7885 chip (which is physically much smaller than an AIC-7880).
Windows NT detects it as an 2940-type card, and it works quite well.

Adaptec states that they will give me no information concerning the
card, as it is a special deal with NEC.  Noone at NEC that I've been
able to find has a clue.

I am interested in the difference between this card and the more
mainstream 29xx-type products?  Is this a reduced function version of
the 2940, or is it something else?  Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks for your time.

- Ken