Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 14:12:01 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bt848 driver patch

Hi,

>Well, we still need the patch irrespective of what you are doing with
>the tuner code. The reason is that infrequently we get pci errors or
>the bt848 gets into trouble and we need to restart the capture process.

I agree, just trying to get some insite from this on what side affects my
code might be generating.

>> do you know the exact reason switching channels causes the problem, ie is it
>> because I have INTs off, or ???
>
>Not sure why tuner exhibits the problem -- it could be because we temporarily
>loose the video signal and at that point there is nothing that you can
>do;except,for the driver to re-start the video capture process.

I've been kicking it around in my head, I cannot see why INTs need to be
disabled in the I2C calls, just did it because the bttv driver did.
Someone might try removing those disableint(0 enableint() calls to
see if anything breaks.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by