Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:04:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        josh2@marvin.albury.net.au (Josh)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cam patch- cant buildworld :-( HELP.

Josh wrote...
> Hi there.
> I am trying to get a mother board with an AIC-7895 on board controller
> working. As you know I need to use cam to achieve this. However I got the
> latest cam patch, 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP.diffs, and cvsuped on the 23 Jul and
> tryed to buildworld. I didnt work. The last bit of the build is shown below.
>
> HELP. PLEASE!
> I am currently trying 2.2.6-RELEASE and 2.2CAM-19980712-SNAP.diffs
> I HOPE this works or one of you who knows a lot more than me
> have a bright idea.

	Patching 2.2.6 with the snapshot from July 12th is even less likely
to work than patching -stable from July 23rd with the snapshot from the 16th.

	The best thing to do is read the README.  In the readme file, it
says:

	[ ... ]
        On a FreeBSD-current/FreeBSD-stable system from ~0200 PDT on 19980716

        # Apply the patches.  All patches include "src" in them, so
        # assuming your src tree is in "/usr":

        # for 2.2-stable systems:
        cd /usr
                patch -p0 < zcat 2.2CAM-19980716-SNAP.diffs.gz
	[ ... ]

	If you apply the patches to -stable from approximately that time,
the patch should apply okay.  If you apply the patches to -stable from an
earlier or later time, they probably won't work correctly.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com