Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:29:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        David Booth <wbooth@austin.rr.com>
Cc:        Reinhart.Steyaert@dewildecbt.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Dfx Banshee driver

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, David Booth wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have FreeBSD 3.2 installed. I want to run X windows. I managed it to run X
> > Windows in 320x200 :-) and 640x400 or something. I want much higher
> > resolutions. There's no support for the 3Dfx Voodoo Banshee card in FreeBSD
> > 3.2. But there's a driver available for it at
> > http://glide.xxedgexx.com/3DfxRPMS_vb_glibc.html for LINUX and NETBSD. Can I
> > use this driver without any problems for FreeBSD? Any suggestions what I
> > should do to get X Windows running in 1024x768 if I cannot use this driver?
> > What's the best way to install this driver on a machine with NO Internet
> > connection and FreeBSD 3.2 and Windows NT 4.0 on it?

If you are unable to upgrade ot a later XFree version, there is a creative
driver available for Linux, which works under FreeBSD.  You need to be
running the Linuxulator, of course.  It works pretty well.  Teh only
problems I have with it are it will not cope with /dev/sysmouse, and it
ligths the the keyboard leds wrong.

David