Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:43:24 -0500
From:      Marius Strom <marius@marius.org>
To:        ian j hart <ianjhart@ntlworld.com>
Cc:        "stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: UDMA ICRC error reading fsb (?)

By dead I mean rapidly increasing numbers of bad sectors on the drive
with every write.  I replaced the cable to no avail.  The hard drive had
otherwise functioned well for ~7-8 months.  UDMA ICRC errors started
popping up ~2 months after installation, and then last night suddenly I
was unable to hit a slew of sectors.

HD was a WD Caviar 30 Gig.