Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 03:10:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/7382: Pine4 does not co-exist with older installed version of  pine.

The following reply was made to PR ports/7382; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, winter@jurai.net
Cc:  Subject: Re: ports/7382: Pine4 does not co-exist with older installed version of
 pine.
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:57:42 +0300

 Hi,

   It's been a long long time since we've discusses this problem, I've
 almost forgot it... :(
   Hopefully with the new patch committed in PR #7593 we're a step closer
 to make\ing 3.x and 4.x coexist -- the important part is bumping
 libpico's major number to 2 for the 4.x branch.
   I still wonder wether we'll be lucky to run both versions of Pine, but
 it worth trying; I'll start fiddling with the Pine ports to make them
 (at least) build & install in the same environment.
   I still need to know what are we going to do about installing man
 pages & documentation -- should we make them separate directories, let
 the last port overwrite the previos version's files, etc. ?
   And further more, what are we going to do about configuration files
 ?!? I don't believe they will be too happy to share the same config
 files, but we'll see about that...

   Thanks,
   Ady (@freebsd.ady.ro)