Date:      Mon, 9 May 2011 11:19:02 +0200
From:      Lars Engels <lars.engels@0x20.net>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [UPDATE] New Boot-Loader Menu -- version 1.4

--xJjS+Ds6jmpBvWv0

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 01:20:43AM -0700, Devin Teske wrote:
> Hello fellow -hackers,
>=20
> I'm so very proud to offer the latest update to my new boot loader
> menu -- version 1.4 -- addressing ACPI detection, bringing it in-line
> with HEAD.
>=20
> It took some work and a few days, but I got it! Have a look below for
> six different displays (three different scenarios -- i386 w/ ACPI,
> i386 w/o ACPI, and non-i386 -- each in both B&W and Color).
>=20

Hi Devin,

PC-BSD also has a slightly patched loader menu compared to the stock
FreeBSD version. I.E. you can also set unset verbose mode and ACPI with
it.
Some days ago there was a proposal on a PC-BSD list to add an option to
boot a different kernel if one is found in /boot.
Would it be possible to addi this function to your boot menu? Or even
better work together with Kris Moore so we don't have two solutions for
the same task?

Lars

--xJjS+Ds6jmpBvWv0

--xJjS+Ds6jmpBvWv0--