Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:49:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Curtis D. Levin" <cdlevin@dialisdn.com>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        Bill Broderick <billbroderick@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: What do I do now?

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 05:31:14AM -0800, Bill Broderick wrote:
> > I downloaded FreeBSD and got it installed on my computer.
> > When I try to use FreeBSD I don't know what to do
> > all I can see are a bunch of files and I don't know that much about
> > unix.
Go to my web page at http://dialisdn.net/user/cdlevin/bsd.html.
There's a link from that page to "for people new to both FreeBSD
and Unix" and some other helpful links, as well as some tips for
FreeBSD. There are also other unix tutorials on the freebsd homepage,
at http://www.freebsd.org.

If you can't seem to get anything done, type /stand/sysinstall, and
install the packages 'lynx', and 'mc'. Lynx is under www, and mc is
under misc. One is a text based web browser, and the other is
a file manager, that's very good. these will allow you to navigate
the net, and the BSD box alot better. There are some good docs in
/usr/share. There's alsso homepages in other countries, which might have
links to docs in other languages. I can't say for sure. OK, 73 de Curtis,
kd4zkw