Date:      Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:01:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Scott Blaydes <sblaydes@sbce.org>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sendmail/relay question.

Okay this might seem like a kinda broken design, but I want to see if it is able to be done, let alone done easily.  I am using sendmail for this also.

I want to have all my mail come into my Anti-Virus box, then have it relayed to my mail server (where it is delivered to the users' mailboxes).  That part is pretty easy using a mailer table.  The catch is, I want any outgoing mail to be sent from the users' mail clients, to the mail server, then to the AV box, then out.  How would I set this up with sendmail on the mail server?  Would this be done via the mailertable?

I would like to have it this way so that I can scan both incoming and outgoing mail, but I need to be able to not run the anti-virus software on the mail server ( as the load is starting to cause problems ).  The other catch is, I already have 5000+ users who are have the mail server setup as just the domain.tld, not mail.domain.tld or pop.domain.tld, so I need to be able to keep that in place.

Any ideas?