Date:      Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:28:41 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
Cc:        Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>, Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.frmug.org>, Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Krzysztof J?druczyk <beaker@hot.pl>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Subject:   Re: Wine-2002.10.07 port on FreeBSD 5.0-current

In message <Pine.BSF.4.44.0211081411050.74479-100000@naos.dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, G
erald Pfeifer writes:

>Sheesh.
>
>PHK, now we have the situation where user programs require #ifdefs
>to be portable among the BSDs when this was not required before.
>
>Please consider reverting

That has been considered, and I don't think it is a sensible solution,
unless we can get rid of the DBREG_DRX() macro which was the cause
of the evilness:

	struct dbreg {
		unsigned int  dr0;	/* debug address register 0 */
		unsigned int  dr1;	/* debug address register 1 */
		unsigned int  dr2;	/* debug address register 2 */
		unsigned int  dr3;	/* debug address register 3 */
		unsigned int  dr4;	/* reserved */
		unsigned int  dr5;	/* reserved */
		unsigned int  dr6;	/* debug status register */
		unsigned int  dr7;	/* debug control register */
	};

	#define DBREG_DRX(d,x) ((&d->dr0)[x]) /* reference dr0 - dr7 by
						 register number */

If you tell me that DBREG_DRX is a FreeBSD only macro, then we should
nuke it and then I will not object to going back to the previous
structure definition.