Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:30:06 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        Takashi Inoue <takash-i@sophia.ac.jp>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting dev.acpi_ibm.0.events at boot time

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, Norberto Meijome wrote:
 > On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:48:03 +0900
 > Takashi Inoue <takash-i@sophia.ac.jp> wrote:
 >
 > > I have a similar probrem with 7.0R on X61s.
 > >
 > > "dev.acpi_ibm.0.lcd_brightness=4" in sysctl.conf
 > > does NOT work with xorg(gdm).
 > >
 > > I think changing VT reset it.
 >
 > lcd_brightness has never worked for me and others. The event is
 > detected and handled by devd, but the sysctl seems DOA.

Just wondering; did it work before setting dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1 ?  It
works on my T23 out of the box. I'm yet to use the devd events, yet
notice that Fn-F4 quits working as STR when .events=1 (though
+/-brightness work properly either way) on my old 6.1-R / xorg6.9

If so, maybe excluding those keys from the .eventmask (theoretically
using default handling for those keys) might work?  If not, ah well ..

cheers, Ian