Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 23:31:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Arthur Alacar <art@pili.adn.edu.ph>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: telnet restriction.

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Arthur Alacar wrote:

> in telnet we can specify other port number by specifying it in our command
> line after the hostname, and the default port number is 23 (for telnet
> service). the question is is it possible for my system to be configured in
> such a way that it _restricts_ users from any remote access through a
> different port number, thus only 23 service is allowed.

So you want to keep people from telnetting to ports other than the
standard telnet port, 23?

You might be able to do it with tcp_wrappers, write a script that strips
off the final argument, or modify the telnet source to hardware the
destination port.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo