Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 04:29:06 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@isl.cf.ac.uk>
To:        hasty@star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        fbsd@clem.systemsix.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> Okay, I will try to go out and find it it was about a year ago and
> was posted on comp.windows.x after I and several others complained
> about mosaic using Motif. From what I can recollect it only took them
> a couple of days to re-write the relevant portions which required motif.

That would be good.

> Personally, I would just talk to Netscape,Inc and ask them if we can include
> Netscape in our distribution.  I really don't see any big deal about this.

They'll never give us source and last time I contacted them they wouldn't
even do a FreeBSD binary.

I guess we could get them to allow us to ship the BSDI binary in
the suitable area of ports if we ask them nicely but that's not
really what we want.

Netscape recognises some much nicer features of an extended HTML.
Look at my home page using Mosaic and Netscape and you'll find it
looks much nicer with Netscape because my home page uses some
Netscape specific features. It displays fine with Mosaic but it
doesn't look as nice.

--
  Paul Richards, FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org,  URL: http://isl.cf.ac.uk/~paul/