Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 2020 13:58:19 +0100
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirkx@webweaving.org>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   spigen under uftdi

Various USB based FT2232H usb to rs232 (and cypress CY7C65211) have a =
variant mode where they support SPI (or I2C).

I've got this working in a rudimentary way in the uftdi(4) driver.

But I'd like to have this surface as a 'normal' spigen(4) device.  So it =
works with anything that already works on that device*.

However - spigen(4) seems very tied to the FDT tree.=20

Is this a viable path ?

Or am I better off using the defintions of the ioctl(4) and simply have =
the uftdi create something like a  /dev/uftdi-spi0.0 sort of device ?

With kind regards,

Dw

*: meaning that an open of /dev/cu.* or tty.* switches to UART mode and =
blocks the other modes and vice versa.=