Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 09:42:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        "Jesus V. Mejia" <jaymejia@gate.net>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installable Copy

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Jesus V. Mejia wrote:

>      Perhaps my head was in the wrong place, but no matter where I
> looked, I was unsuccessful in locating an installable copy of your
> software.  I'm very interested in installing it into my system.

FreeBSD comes in bite-sized chunks for easy downloading by modem.  If you
have a CDROM drive, I highly suggest buying the CD from Walnut Creek
CDROM, http://www.cdrom.com.  Otherwise, you should grab the following
directories:

FreeBSD File Requirements:

REQUIRED:
        floppies/boot.flp (boot floppy image)
        tools/fdimage.exe (DOS bootfloppy image writer)
        bin/*

RECOMMENDED:
        manpages/
        compat*/
        doc/    (at your discretion)
        src/ssys.*

Run fdimage to make a boot floppy, then boot it.  See the Handbook at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html for furhter assistance; if
that still stumps you post to questions@freebsd.org.

> I do however have another question:  Will my windows 95 programs be
> supported by your operating system, and software such as Netscape
> Communicator, and so forth.

FreeBSD doesn't have Windows 95 emulation at current, but we do have a
FreeBSD-native version of Communicator.

>  If you could please point me to the correct FTP for downloading a full
> copy of your program, I would highly appreciate it.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.5-RELEASE/