Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:15:31 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   scripting - how to learn

Hi all, I just created a small script (see ddclient and Dynamic DNS servers
thread)

In my script I run the line :

	ddclient -<arguments> >> /var/log/ppp.ddns

Now where do I learn scripting like this, (I remembered that a script is
just multiple command line entries) and remembered the append idea (I did a
multi user operating systems course in college 3 years ago lol)

I have read through the tcsh man page, and found some useful stuff, where do
I learn more ?

Like how to send an email when the script runs with the new IP # the time
the connection took place, how long the connection is up, and stats IE mb
sent and received ?? (just need pointers on where to find the info, as I
find the best way to learn is to write scripts and debug them :o)

Regards,

Kat.

 /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  |        K.A.Q. Electronics
 \ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | Software and Electronic Engineering
  X  - NO Word docs in e-mail |      Perth Western Australia
 / \                          |        Ph +61 419 923 731