Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:27:54 +0300
From:      Penisoara Adrian <ady@earthling.net>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Possible typo in sys sources ?

Hi

 I got a nasty error when I tried to compile a kernel cvsup'ed today:

 - CVSup'd a "sys-src release=smp" kernel
 - checkout sys & renamed in sys-MP
 - made 'config ADYSMP' in i386/conf
 - 'make depend' in ../../compile/ADYSMP
 - make
and complains about an undefined variable (xitp) in
../../kern/init_main.c line 180. Stop.

 - edited ../../kern/init_main.c and in line 180 changed from "*sipp =
*xitp" to "*sipp = *xipp" (it's in a bubble sort)
 - again made "config ADYSMP"
 - make depend && make works OK

 Now it may be very possible to be a disk error because I had some
problems today with an IDE disk (I use a SCSI one for root); I'll make
another clean cvsup tomorrow.
 I hope you'll excuse me if I was wrong; it's just that tomorrow I have
big plans and I want to be prepared...

 Ady (@earthling.net)