Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 07:43:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   GUS works! snd971022.tgz

Just a brief note to tell that I now have guspnp support in my audio
driver. The relevant bits are available from

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd971022.tgz

there are still a few things to fix (e.g. some GUS cards seem to
produce a DC offset which can cause problems in vat -- i have a
fix contributed by Brad Karp which should go in the next snap;
also, on the card I have ulaw/alaw is still not working) but overall
the code works pretty well.

If you have a gus and are impatient, have a try...

	Cheers
	Luigi