Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 08:24:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        glen_stewart@associate.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, ache@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install problem: gmake & libslang ports on OpenBSD

In message <33024707.36AD@associate.com> Glen Stewart writes:
: I run OpenBSD and am very grateful that you folks have let us use your
: ports.  (-:

Thanks.

: When I "make" libslang and gmake, the installation fails because on
: OpenBSD the install -c -o -g behaves differently.

Ummm, the install programs are nearly identical between OpenBSD and
FreeBSD at this point.  This "sounds" like a problem that Niklas fixed
a little while ago with the installation permissions/ownership not
being defined.  Make sure you have the latest stuff in /usr/share/mk
that you can and try again.  This will not work at all on OpenBSD 2.0
w/o upgrading several components.

If it still fails, please send me mail with the tail end of the make
run so that I can take a look at it (that is make install >& xxx ;
tail -50 xxx | mail -s "Install run" imp@village.org).

Warner