Date:      Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:04:18 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>, Christoph Mallon <christoph.mallon@gmx.de>, Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposal: Unify printing the function name in panic messages()

On Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:23:06 pm Adrian Chadd wrote:
> ... I hate to be a jerk, but something tells me that relying on the
> output of text strings as to the panic cause and then parsing those is
> maybe not the right thing to do.
>
> If it were me, I'd do something like the gettext string API - ie,
> panic wouldn't take a string, but a panic string ID, which would
> translate to an enum as well as map to a string.. then you could pull
> that off.

Look, I've had these tests private for years and have used them when working
on locking primitives.  If you don't want them in the tree I can save myself a
whole lot of work and not try to clean them up and update them for rmlocks
(where I'm attempting to expand my tests to test some fixes I have to rmlocks
because I prefer to thoroughly test the changes I make to locking primitives
before I commit them).

--
John Baldwin