Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:48:13 +0100
From:      "Sebastian Yepes F. [ESN]" <esn@x123.info>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X on Dell Inspiron 8500 is scaled to middle of screen

Quoting Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 02:05:52PM -0800, reed@reedmedia.net wrote:
>> Using XFree86 4.3.0 from packages under 5.2 (i386).
>> XFree86 -configure created a config that worked
>> but the viewed display is only a small rectangle
>> in the middle of larger screen.
>>
>> This is a Dell Inspiron 8500.
>> XFree86 detected it as a "nv".
>> The card is a Nvidia GeForce 4 4200.
>>
>> Also tried the ports/x11/nvidia-driver
>> (built with -DWITHOUT_LINUX).
>> But that said something about couldn't load
>> kernel driver. Although the kldload nvidia
>> worked fine.
>>
>> I found examples of XF86Config files for this
>> in this list, but didn't help.
>>
>> The BIOS setting is set for LCD "expansion"
>> when changed then it shows the same small
>> display.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to get XFree86 with "nv"
>> (or other) to use the full screen?
>>

> If you use the nvidia driver from x11/nvidia-driver, there are parameters
> you can set in the video driver section of XF86Config.   Read
> /usr/X11R6/share/doc/NVIDIA/README.Linux for all the parameters, but
> the one you want to set is 'Scaling'.
>
> --
> Bruce Cran

Check out my Conf file..

http://www.x123.info/docs/i8500/XF86Config-4

--

if (Better You Treat Them) { return "Worst You Get Treated"; }

Love can kill you like a Hammer or a 220 Kv AC line in the head, but=20
it=92s the most
beautiful and strange sensation, I Just Love, Love ; )

/*
www:
  http://www.x123.info

Contect:                        FingerPrint:
  esn aT x123.info                0D42 F870 F650 6B86 CA9E
  esn aT freshpkgsrc.org          E199 A57D 3824 F8AA A934
  sebastian.yepes aT hp.com
*/